February 26, 2010

i love my alma mater

Let's talk about the Olympics for a moment. I've hardly watched any of the coverage on TV, but I do have a soft spot for the Winter Games and have watched a few events here and there, plus catching up on big moments on news sites and highlight reels. What has had my heart swelling this year is that Utah is home to the most Olympians of any state - 47! - and my tiny alma mater has 14 students competing on the U.S. Olympic team. I love that I went to a college where, instead of a football team and sororities, we had the U.S. Ski and Snowboard Team and no class on Fridays for all the ski bums. NPR did a little story about it here.





I joked to Cameron that there's a reason I find exercising at the school gym to be a bit intimidating...

(Photos from the awesome Winter at Westminster flickr set)

No comments: