February 25, 2010

cha-ching

If I were to list the top 3 items on my "need to buy" list, they would be: glasses, swimsuit, wallet. These have been on my "need" list forever. Glasses are 5 years old and I need a new prescription; my only one-piece swimsuit is falling apart from too much use; I've had the same Roxy wallet since 7th grade (!!!). All reasons why a few Internet discoveries of the past week have had me literally squealing with excitement and itching to click the "purchase" button.

Case No. 1: the glasses quandary. There is an adorable local spectacle shop I visited a few weeks ago with a plethora of hip and stylish glasses options. I would love to patronize this shop; however, the thought of spending $500+ on a pair and/or trudging through the policies of my sketchy vision insurance has been a huge deterrent. Enter Warby Parker, introduced to me as if by kismet over at For Me, For You via Daily Candy.



Be still my beating glasses-loving heart! This is the eyewear website of my dreams: each pair is a mere $95 including lenses and shipping, with free returns if necessary; there is a virtual try-on option, the pleasures of which are shown above; and, a la Toms Shoes, the company donates a pair of glasses to someone in need for every pair sold. I just need to pick out my frames, and I am buying these babies. Because I need to compromise with a semi-bland style for work, I'm going to ditch the black and get a pretty tortoise color. I am so excited.

As for the latter two, I spy some pretty (pretty looking/pretty affordable) options in the new Target collaboration with Liberty of London (tipped off first by Unruly Things via Refinery 29). Which means I'll be doing some doorbusting come March 14.




Now if the Internet could just drop into my lap the perfect warm, cute and versatile under-$100 coat, I'd be set.

(p.s. Please pardon my lack of posts of substance of late; I've been hibernating through winter as well as working my tail off on a major work project to be revealed shortly. At some point I hope to feel compelled to photo journal more regularly.)

No comments: