A little photo-recap and some resolution assessment:

January
-Sundance Film Festival
-Melissa & Chris visit Utah

February
-Valentine's Day, day trip to Midway for snow tubing

March
-Holi: Festival of Colors

April
-my birthday, 3-day celebration including day trip to Crystal Hot Springs in Honeyville
-day trip to Spiral Jetty

May
-business trip to Minneapolis, Twins vs. Yankees game
-Cameron's birthday, trip to Las Vegas to see The Beatles' LOVE

June
-Utah Arts Festival
-trip to Washington to visit Heather

July
-trip to the San Juan Islands, camped at Doe Bay
-4th of July on the beach in Port Townsend
-day trip to the West Desert & Skull Valley, camped at Cascade Springs
-Pioneer Day at the pool

August
-day trip to lavender farm in Mona
-Craft Lake City
-Twilight Concert Series
-nursed Finnegan's UTI :(
-business trip to Las Vegas at the Palms

September
-Farmer's Market
-day trip up Emigration Canyon
-day trip to Snowbird and the Cliff Spa

October
-Oktoberfest at Snowbird
-Halloween as Popeye & Olive Oyl

November
-Thanksgiving
-trip to Boise to visit Devin & Liz

December
-trip to Zion National Park, stayed in cabin at Zion Park Lodge
-Christmas
My resolutions for 2011 are to continue with my resolutions for 2010, some of which I did not accomplish at all (Clean out & organize closet; Kayak on Great Salt Lake; Complete a photobook; Go berry picking, Bike to work...at least once) and some of which I either semi-completed or are simply ongoing (Purge unnecessaries (simplify, simplify, simplify); Make a plan to move; Read at least one book per month; Swim even more; Camp as much as possible; Spend more time outdoors & bring the outdoors in; More dance performances, more museums; Donate some amount, however small, to a charity each month). To those, I am internally adding some really boring and generic self-improvement goals in the arenas of physical, emotional, and social health and wellbeing. I plan to spend some time in January reflecting on what I most want those goals to be, and starting out with a huge challenge for me: The 28-Day Whole Living Action Plan. The point being, I have a lot of room to improve, and I like the idea of starting 2011 with simplicity and quiet and vegetables and decluttering and positive thinking.
No comments:
Post a Comment