











Christmas holds so many magical memories for me this year. Not only did the holiday come on the heels of an amazing vacation that left me blissfully happy and relaxed and appreciative of my little home and family, but I also made an extra effort to be sure my celebrations were intentional and meaningful to me. I had been bursting with this need to cozy up and hibernate in my own space, to make it twinkle and smell like a forest of pine. Christmas decor was a top priority for me, and I couldn't be more pleased with how my apartment transformed from cluttered and claustrophobic to wintery and whimsical.
I'm grateful that I was able to have the time off work to saturate every day with not only prepping for the holiday but experiencing the holiday season. For me, that meant incorporating a lot of corny, classic Christmas stuff into my days, like the Christmas Pandora station streaming constantly, and watching Christmas TV specials both old (How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer) and new (Glee, Community).
Here are some highlights of my Christmas this year:
-picking out our tree at the Robinson Tree Farm
-new stockings for Cameron and I, classic stockings for the kitties, candycanes, cinnamon scented pinecones
-hot chocolate outside in the snow
-crafting an imperfect but lovely winter wreath out of some spare boughs given to us at the tree farm plus some berries, bits, and baubles
-annual Christmas Eve screening of It's a Wonderful Life at the Broadway
-annual Christmas Eve viewing of A Charlie Brown Christmas at home
-our first ever Christmas family portrait/Christmas card sent (more on this later!)
-walking down the street to see the lights at Temple Square on Christmas Eve
-ornament gift exchange Christmas morning (his: a paper mache red dragon; hers: a golden bedazzled giraffe)
-being able to spend Christmas Day with both our families, and all of the thoughtful gifts we were given
-playing Harry Potter Clue (Crabbe & Goyle in the owlery with the portkey!)
-10 family members all gathered around a Macbook "Face Time"-ing with my new baby nephew, like an Apple commercial come to life
Hoping your holidays, too, were filled with peace and joy!
2 comments:
Your apartment looks so amazing!
I'm impressed with how many Christmas cards you got!
I'm afraid the amount of those Christmas cards might be a ruse; I've saved them over the past couple of Christmases! I'm a hoarder like that. I received fewer than usual this year.
Post a Comment