January 15, 2011

Saturday



This morning has been the perfect start to what I know will be a productive and restorative weekend. Woke up early, began the prep for the Whole Living Action Plan (we are starting two weeks late, but starting nonetheless), went to queue up at the Sundance Box Office to get our free Best of Fest tickets, went to brunch at The Bakery (pictured: two thick slices of buttered and grilled cinnamon bread topped with amaretto whipped cream, fresh berries, and a drizzle of raspberry puree), and came home to begin one of the most extensive rearranging, reorganizing, and decluttering projects that the apartment has seen in our almost four years of living here. The process is already so soothing to the soul. Instead of always looking towards what I want in the future - in this case, where I want to live and how I'd like my home to look - I am making my best effort to be grateful for what I have in the present, and to be mindful of small changes I can make to be happier with where I am. Here's to hoping.

1 comment:

Mom B. said...

Breakfast looks yummy! Congratulations to you for your enthusiasm and gusto in cleaning and rearranging your apartment. And on your attitude. I am trying to de-clutter at my house too. Good luck to you.