








Checking in briefly to share some photos of Sundance from 2010 that I've had queued up on the blog but never posted. My sister Melissa and her now-fiance Chris were visiting from Virginia and it was so much fun to Sundance with them (yes, it's a verb)...until Melissa got food poisoning and had to miss our second movie. Most of these pictures were taken indoors at New Frontier on Main, a brilliant, free, heated space with couches for lounging, art, film, and music installations for browsing, and hot beverages for purchase. (The funny thought bubbles are part of Eric Gradman's Cloud Mirror.) This year they've expanded New Frontier and added an exhibit in Salt Lake City, which I am very excited about!
The 2011 festival started Thursday, and we are going to see our first movie tonight! I had plans for a long while to apply to be a volunteer this year, and really immerse myself in the festival, but it just didn't pan out. Now I'm experiencing major pangs of regret and jealousy when I see them all in their cute little blue puffer vests, being all helpful. No one to blame but myself.
I am really looking forward to:
-Seeing the two films we have tickets for, Martha Marcy May Marlene (U.S. Dramatic Competition) and Resurrect Dead: The Mystery of the Toynbee Tiles (U.S. Documentary Competition)
-Going to two mystery Best of Fest movies
-Finally seeing Blue Valentine next week! My regret for not seeing this at last year's festival has grown stronger and stronger throughout the year as I've followed it obsessively, read articles and reviews and watched/listened to interviews (this one with Ryan Gosling is so so good). It was finally given limited released in December, but no word of it coming to my beloved Broadway and I feared it never would until all of a sudden, bam! January 28!
-Today is healthy rewards day in the Whole Living Action Plan. It calls for visiting a spa, but I think I'm going for something slightly more budget friendly (we shall see.) In any case, I'm patting myself on the back for an almost full week of detox and treating myself today.
1 comment:
Yay good times (except for the food poisoning, thanks mom!). We would love to come out and do it again sometime.
Post a Comment