











-Christmas Eve at Cameron's grandparents'
-Christmas Eve night and Christmas morning at home with the kitties - the first Christmas ever I've woken up in my own home! (i.e., not at my mom's)
-Kitty Christmas gifts and ornament exchange
-Christmas day visits with both families and all the collective cuties
Halloween:






-Popeye and Olive Oyl homemade costumes, gathered day before/day of party (and before The Office episode where Jim & Pam jacked our idea!)
-Fruitless search for pumpkins to carve on Halloween day
-Came down with the flu just as we were settling in to watch the Rocky Horror Glee episode and some classic horror films
Thanksgiving:




-dinner and post-dinner Bingo game at Cameron's grandparents'
-Tofurky
-first time I've eaten yams. I liked them!
I've been getting really into Christmas this past week and offering a play-by-play on my Twitter. I avoid Christmas all year and then it's five days of all Christmas, all the time. It might be driving some people crazy but it's really made the holiday feel special for me this year, and is a great counterbalance to the gifts-gifts-gifts that consume the rest of the holiday. (Who needs gifts when you've got a twinkling fir tree in your apartment, and are crafting wreaths and paper snowflakes and hanging stockings and listening to 15 different versions of "Baby It's Cold Outside"?)
See you on the flip side!
No comments:
Post a Comment