You may have noticed me slipping away lately, losing track of a few things: my monthly stats, my uniform project, my sanity and positive outlook.
The good news is I am here and I am jazzed about life!
Some things I am happy about, ordered by category...
FOOD
Breakfasts. I have been enjoying a string of delicious breakfasts. About a month ago I was at Blue Plate and ordered the best breakfast of my life: blueberry pancakes, potatoes, eggs, toast, and veggie sausage, with orange juice. Pretty much all my favorite things combined into one meal. Last week at my hotel in Dallas I took advantage of the daily breakfast buffet, including a made-to-order Belgian waffle with strawberry topping and powdered sugar, blueberry/blackberry/raspberry combo fresh fruit daily, and all the eggs and bagels I could handle. Last weekend, Cameron and I went to an early breakfast at Salt Lake Pizza & Pasta, where I ordered the almond-crusted French toast with breakfast potatoes. Mmm, breakfast.
Looking forward to a vegetarian feast for Thanksgiving, plus enjoying some time off work.
The Food Issue of The New Yorker, which I purchased at the airport and read on the plane.
PHOTOGRAPHY
The best winner of America's Next Top Model ever, Nicole! I was rooting for this girl to win from her first audition and adored her the entire season. Awkward, shy, nerdy, socially inept...beautiful Nicole. I think she is just stunning.




Evidently can't get enough of 1920s-style fashion photogrpahy: love these by Wendy Bevan for Italian Marie Claire.




FILM
An Education came to the Broadway Friday and I can't wait to see it.
December's members only screening at the Salt Lake Film Society is going to be Annie Hall!
I fully intend to watch The Class this week, which according to my Netflix queue I have had at my home since September 30th and have yet to watch. This demonstrates how bad I am at Netflix.
Finally saw Where the Wild Things Are with Cameron. What's great about this movie has already been said better elsewhere (pick your movie review) so I will stick to what I liked best: the images. It's easy enough to fall in love with a little boy in a wolf costume and a cast of oversized furry animal characters, but it wouldn't have had nearly the same emotional impact if it wasn't shot so beautifully and each scene so carefully laid out. I was smitten with the screen.





Please enjoy the eye candy, plus two of my favorite quotes from the movie:
"We'll take care of each other and we'll all sleep together in a real pile."
"I'll eat you up I love you so."
HOME
It feels like such a luxury to be home with the felines, relaxing with Cameron, just dipping my toes into a normal routine of leisure and domesticity. Cameron washed all my dishes for me while I was in Dallas (about a month's worth) and I am so, so grateful for the fresh start. Now I'm working fiendishly to scrub this little home from top to bottom. Did three loads of laundry today and now it's all hung through the doorways, smelling phenomenal. Not that I don't daydream from time to time of a little one-bedroom cottage or yurt to call my own, but these days I have been feeling more attached than ever to my little space and loving spending time, unapologetically, as a homebody.
1 comment:
I agree with you about the Wild Things. It was so beautiful. I keep talking about the "real pile" quote too! Loved it.
I've been meaning to call you and catch up... its been a while. Hope you have a good Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment