Thursday was a Tofurky feast, in a sweet baste of orange juice, soy sauce and sugar, slow roasted with potatoes, carrots, and onion; stuffing, mashed potatoes, and mushroom gravy; rolls, cranberry fruit salad, and asparagus; and cranberry-apple potato dumplings. The only disappointment was the "wishstix," which turned out to be just vegetarian jerky that fell apart when we opened the package. No Thanksgiving wishmaking for us, but it was delicious!
Yesterday was leftovers with Cameron's dad's homemade butternut squash soup, then on to see An Education at the matinee. Another visual feast of a movie that was a pleasure to behold (it won the World Cinema Audience Award & Cinematography Award at last year's Sundance). The main character's wardrobe and the Paris scenes were particularly delightful.





I first heard of this movie when I watched this adorable screen test and did some research to find out who exactly Carey Mulligan was and why she was a "breakout star" I'd never heard of. Of course you know I'll fall for dimples and pixie cuts any day. I also have a soft spot for precocious adolescent heroines, especially when you throw private schools, 1960s London, cocktail dresses, weekends in Paris, and aspirations to "read English" at Oxford into the mix. I could have been this character in another (dream) life. I'd like to read the original essay by Lynn Barber in Granta if I can get my hands on it.
+
Lots of:
Napping
Movie watching
Coffee shop interneting
Kid cuddling (not just of the felines, but of the human variety with my sweet little nieces and nephews)
Board game playing (Apples to Apples, Phase 10)
Perfect.
No comments:
Post a Comment