August 24, 2009

because I'll forget if I don't write it down

I think I am long overdue for a positivity post to appreciate those little things in life that have been keeping me buoyed. I'll admit, I've had a rough time accepting and accommodating myself to the frantic pace of my new responsibilities and their demands on my time and energy. My absence here has been just one of the many symptoms of that strain.

It's becoming increasingly important for me to recognize the bits that are oh so very good, and to just let go of the bits that are causing me stress.

The good:
The cool, autumn-like weather we had last weekend. Time spent in the park with my nieces and nephews, on swingsets, among Ferris wheels and carousels, feeding the ducks in the pond. Eating potato salad and potato chips.
Cameron coming home after just a little bit of time away.
Traveling to small towns across the state. Quaint, historic Main Streets. Little book stores and bike shops and pizza parlors. Long drives through national forests and red rock and canyon country. Long stretches of farmland and desert.
Accomplishing small victories I feared were impossible. Almost daily.
The last weekend of "summer," spent here and here. Camping and hiking and taking along the digital, Diana, and Polaroid cameras.
Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog on the little iPod video screen, and TAL on the long car ride home, always.
Cameron starting school this week, and the sinking heartbreak this time of year gives me that reassures me at least I know where I belong.

And because this list needs a little visual "pop," some recent Flickr favorites.

by clumsybird

by somethingshidinginhere

by dominicube

I'm very sad this year to see the summer slipping away.

No comments: