Every summer, Cameron goes on a long backpacking trip with his dad, brother-in-laws, and anyone else who wants to join them. I would have liked to have gone with them this year - I like to kid myself into thinking I could handle it - but couldn't take the time off work. So, after he left early this morning, I tracked down a CD of his of images from a trip from years past (2006)...just to remind myself of how much beauty he's likely to have been surrounded by today and what I have to look forward to hearing about when he returns home Tuesday. I can say that I tried on his almost-fully-packed backpack last night (about 40 pounds) and am officially impressed by the feat. Isn't he lucky to be able to experience this?








I'm a little jealous, and will be a little lonesome, but am grateful for the time to catch up on some major to-dos. And Cameron and I are still committed to completing a mini-backpacking trip together this year before the weather turns too cold - my first little attempt at the sport.
(To clarify, these images are from Wind Rivers, Wyoming, but they go somewhere different every year. This summer, they're headed to Red Castle in the Uinta Mountains.)
2 comments:
awesome!!!
i've never done backpack camping either... have always wanted to, but i've got to seriously get in shape first. ;)
~m
I'm going to attempt to skip the getting in shape part and just do it - I'll let you know how it works!
Post a Comment