June 8, 2009

oh deer



That rut I mentioned last time is only getting deeper, as I'm pretty sure I'm coming down with the most dreaded ear-nose-and-throat aching-clogged-and-sore combo. Sitting by my lonesome craving popsicles and paging through the blogs of strangers. To remain positive, I offer the following: the above photo, courtesy of Devin's chance encounter with this pair of deer at Chelsea's graduation party Saturday; and, a la Taza and Husband, I share with you my little list of 10 things that make me terribly happy:

1. thunderstorms and the thick misting humidity of Southern U.S. climes
2. sharing Coca Colas with Cameron at Blue Plate and other divey diners
3. the two little lives whose happiness and wellbeing I've taken responsibility for - Frankenstein and Finnegan
4. this polaroid
 
as well as this picture

5. the way Frankie curls up and sleeps, in order of frequency, a) burrowed and balled up underneath blankets b) underneath and on top of chairs c) in her pet taxi d) inside drawers; the way Finn insists on sleeping a) between your legs b) on your lap c) on top of anything you're trying to read
6. the first day of school
7. walking across the world's most famous bridges
8. libraries & college campuses
9. travel by train
10. the smell of a perfectly chlorinated swimming pool or jacuzzi

1 comment:

Kristen said...

aw, such sweet pics of you guys. :)