

Well, friends. It's been awhile.
The thing is, I miss blogging. I miss journaling in some form that is not 140 characters - though admittedly, I am fond of no website more than I am fond of my Twitter.
Here's what's happened since we last gathered here. I moved to Tacoma and just became overwhelmed. My life became a whole lot of lot...more lot than I knew what to do with! More than I still know what to do with. More lot than I know how to blog. More amazing, and more exciting, and more anxiety inducing, and more taxing, and more heartbreaking, and more get-me-out-into-this-world-because-it's-so-beautiful-I-can-hardly-stand-it!!! There's been a lot of that.
These two postcards from the Tacoma Public Library historical archives have been on my mind a lot as I have thought about returning to this blog. There are no two truer sentiments I can offer you:
"You'll Like Tacoma"
You will. Cameron and I love it here. We can't wait to show it off. So often, we are giddy over what we get to see and do on a daily basis. It feels like just the right place for us at the right time.
"Everybody's Well. Everybody's Busy. Best Regards."
Doesn't that just hit the nail right on the head?
(The back of this postcard just kills me. From the archived transcript: "Dear Friend, You might think I'm dead but not yet. I felt awfully sorry when I got your card that you whir [sic] not coming in that I waited so long it is hard for me to come out on account of the men. Hattie went home Friday write soon. Emma (? written on top upside down)")
I'm going to try to start blogging again, and may be tinkering with format and content over the next few weeks to find what works. Today I revisited this post that I wrote at the beginning of 2011. This was a big year for me! I accomplished some significant goals that I had been working toward for years. I spent more time thinking about and working on self improvement than I ever have before. Those New Years resolutions? Most of them, I worked on year round, continuously setting goals for myself and refining them. What better time than the close of this life-changing year, when I have time off work and am spending all my days in celebration and reflection as it is, to revisit all of 2011's adventures and blog about them?
My posts might not be chronological, they might be wordless, they might be in the form of lists, they might be themed. I might be the world's biggest fan of the Internet, so I'd hope for this to be one of the places I can share my loves with you and you, too, can be surprised and delighted by all of the wonders the World Wide Web can spin. One thing that does feel right to me is that I'd like to focus on finishing a few posts on my pre-Washington life before I dive into my Washington life. In my head, I'm thinking of it as a wrap-up in these last few weeks of 2011 and a re-launch at the beginning of 2012. I've even been toying with the idea of a redesign or an entirely new blog to symbolize this transition. How fancy!
No comments:
Post a Comment