November 30, 2010

time travel

My mom and I are in Boise awaiting the arrival of my newest nephew with my brother and his wife. I have to say, I am loving this use of time off work, which, living close to most of my immediate family, I don't often get to experience. Being a family member's house guest - sleeping in, lounging about the house in cozy socks and under blankets, reading and interneting all day long to my heart's content, snow falling gently outside through all the picture-windows in the house, enjoying a cup of tea next to the twinkle of their Christmas tree. No particular place to be or tasks that need completing, no destination but the couch and the kitchen table. It suits me.

I thought this might be an opportune time to share photos from my last trip to Boise, in the summer of 2009. Hard to imagine a time when jean shorts and swimming in an ice cold river were the Boise activities of choice, but let's journey back there together, shall we?










No comments: