December 20, 2009

home is where your heart is



Cameron and I got home from our winter vacation last night. In total, we drove in the little Yaris for about 24 hours, which may be part of the reason why this pair of mid-afternoon sunshine driving photos is one of my favorites of the trip. We're still in Utah here, cozied up in the car and so excited to be sharing another one of our little adventures. Gives me butterflies!

I hope to share bits and pieces of our vacation over the next couple of days. Like most things, I am comically behind on anything Christmas holiday related. Luckily my preferred style for the last several years is to go light on the gift giving and receiving (I've bought one person a gift and have conceptualized the gift for another) and limit the decorating to a few simple traditions saved for the last couple of meaningful days before and during the holiday. I very much wish to become the type of person someday who crafts Christmas wreaths for the doorway, garlands for the front porch, and fills her home with all sorts of handmade holiday goodies (see here, here, here, and here for some of my blog inspiration this year). But for now I am content with a real (baby, last-minute) Christmas tree and simple white string lights.

p.s. It's such a comfort to be at home with the cats and to see how their little personalities express happiness to see us. Many, many thanks to their Aunt Chelsea for taking care of them while we were away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

FUN!! i love roadtrips!!
where'd you go??

~m

hb said...

M, we went to Palm Springs, stopping in Las Vegas there and back to rest. Much more on the destination and the journey to come!