
Grace Coddington, Creative Director of Vogue.
Photo by Didier Malige



1920s-themed editorial spread styled and directed by Grace for the 2007 September issue of Vogue.
Photos by Steven Meisel
Let's get all of these Vogue posts out of the way in one swoop, shall we? With much thanks to Christopher Columbus, I was able to see a midday matinee of The September Issue yesterday and became completely enchanted by Grace Coddington, a woman I'd never heard of. Why this film is being marketed as the expose of Anna Wintour is beyond me...the real intrigue, as every single movie review will tell you (I especially like this one), is in the contrast between Anna and the romantic, nostalgic, artistic genius of Grace. I only wish I could feast my eyes on the two-page spread from this 1920s shoot that Anna immediately cut from the magazine (and that's therefore impossible to find on the internet) that looked from little glimpses like the most gorgeous image of the whole film. Sigh. The above pearls and flapper curls and cloches will have to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment