






Speaking of films that I do have a real, true, deep sentimental attachment to, I give you stills from Fried Green Tomatoes courtesy of Ginny Branch Stelling. I've seen this movie maybe more than any other, inspiring me to wallpaper my walls in clippings from flower catalogs throughout the 1990s, and probably contributing to a lifetime love of honey jars, trains, and cafes.
If summer camp represents to me woods, cabins, lakes, canoes, archery, friendship bracelets, teepees, and s'mores, Fried Green Tomatoes is true-blue best friends, the romantic Deep South, hoppin' freight trains, barbecue, wooden porches, and bee charmin'. (While Idgie has an obvious appeal, I've always fancied myself a Ruth.)
I'm waiting for the perfect summer evening to re-watch this movie with Cameron. As luck would have it, it's on Watch Instantly on Netflix.
1 comment:
If I recall correctly, you inherited the flower wall that *I* created on my bedroom wall which then became yours. It was a lovely wall.
Post a Comment