June 11, 2010

here comes the sun

The third reason should be fairly obvious: I had a three-day weekend and some comp time to take advantage of, had been working hard without a break, had cabin fever from an extremely long winter, and needed a vacation! It had still been snowing the week before in Salt Lake and Vegas was 95 degrees, with a plush hotel room and a lovely sparkling pool. Need I say more?

We stayed at the Mirage, host hotel to LOVE. So golden and glitzy. We didn't bother leaving the hotel at all for any of the rest of the Strip. Just nested in here and went downstairs to ogle the casino occasionally.

Don't judge; this position was extremely comfortable after a day of driving. I spent much time chillaxing with this bolster.

We were pretty enamored with our window view. Those golden panes were crazy reflective and made for some awesome indoor-outdoor collage effects. I am partial to replica Eiffel Towers, of course.

Go outside to watch the fake volcano erupt and other such ridiculous acts of Vegas artifice? Nah, we'll hang here and watch, thanks. Those drum beats and eruptions became quite soothing sounds to us.

Daytime collage. Coincidentally, that dome houses the only fancy restaurant I've eaten at in Vegas, Kokomo's, an indoor rainforest. I had French onion soup there in December when I was here for work.

Good hair day; favorite sweater.

Hello.

Cameron opts out of the water; I channel my inner fish.

Pretty colors and neon signs in Old Vegas.

Every gamblin' town has a Wendover Will.

1 comment:

The Mel B said...

Yay, I LOVE Old Vegas. It's pretty much the only redeeming factor of that place for me.