January 18, 2010

90s awesome + tv

All 19 episodes of My So-Called Life are up on Hulu for your viewing pleasure. I watched the premiere episode today and the theme for their high school yearbook was "The Year 2000" (it aired in 1994...when I was 10). Amazing.

Here are the opening credits and my favorite clip from the series to whet your appetite for all the 90s goodness.



I go through phases with tv watching...addictive, all-consuming phases. As I've alluded to before, for quite some time now I've been hard at work on the ambitious goal to watch all five seasons of Lost on Netflix before the final season airs in February. I watched the pilot episode in September, but lucky for me the storyline lends itself to the sort of compulsive marathon-style viewing that's my specialty...and in the span of five months I've watched almost five years' worth of the series. Taking it in in mere weekly doses come February frees up my evening schedule for a new obsession. I'm hoping books to start with, but I'm also introducing Cameron to My So-Called Life, he's introducing me to Dexter, and we plan to start watching the first season of Mad Men together. It's a lovely little set-up to get through the long winter, don't you think?

p.s. Did you watch the Golden Globes last night? I don't always follow awards ceremonies but kept it on while I did dishes, cooked dinner, and cleaned up the apartment. My favorite thing about them is seeing people in moments of such personal joy take the time to (publicly) express love and gratitude for their spouses. There seemed to be particularly sweet husband-and-wife moments from the podium last night.

No comments: