Asking price: $1,288,000. Photos by Sandro Michahelles for the New York Times.
It inspires me to share some photos I took from my apartment and the tiny little street I lived on in Firenze in 2005, via del Parione.

From my bedroom window, looking east towards the Santa Trinita cathedral.

Looking east from the kitchen.

The view from the bathroom window.

The local alimentari (small, one-room grocery store) where I ate my first meal in Florence - a pastry and a bottled water.

Via del Parione from street level, looking towards my apartment.

The neighborhood tabacchi - like the inside of a gas station without the gas. Where I bought all my stamps and the occasional Twix bar.

Via del Parione from Tornabuoni - just take a right at the Tiffany's.

Looking south on Tornabuoni towards the Arno and the Santa Trinita bridge. My apartment was just one block north of the river and another block east to the Ponte Vecchio.
If I ever found myself lucky enough to live in Florence again, I would want nothing more than to live in this exact same apartment. I'd turn the second little bedroom into a library/study, leave the windows open all the time, and give it way more care and love than it was ever shown in its short life as a student rental to Americans studying abroad.
No comments:
Post a Comment